Optimal Monitoring are specialists in the design, creation and delivery of Energy Monitoring, Analytics and Reporting Software. With over twenty years of industry experience, UK based Optimal Monitoring enables organisations to make smarter decisions about utilities, energy consumption and the impact on corporate social responsibilities.
Optimal’s Energy Monitoring and Reporting Software processes real-time data from the manufacturing, logistics and business industries through to councils, hospitals and schools.
Optimal Monitoring is part of the Optimal Group, which was established in 1993, and is headquartered in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
Data Scientist – KTP Associate
An opportunity is available to develop an automated artificial intelligence system to analyse natural language user feedback and incorporate this into a software tool to address exceptional utility consumption in business premises. The position is an initial 24-month fixed term contract. It is likely the project will continue beyond the KTP therefore, there is potential for a successful candidate to continue with the company beyond the initial two years.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position.
Skill development through training
There is a £2k pa dedicated training budget tailored towards your own personal development plus management skills training.
If you have questions about this or other KTP vacancies contact:
T: 0118 378 6142
The successful candidate must possess
- PhD with experience in Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning
- Knowledge of signal processing and database management such as SQL
Essential skills we require as a minimum
- Able to develop a sound understanding of the energy and utility sector, along with the ability to quickly learn existing Company’s technical systems
- An appetite for commercial awareness with strong self-motivation with a desire to drive a project forward
- Able to work independently within a small team
- Effective communication to