Data Analyst/Developer – KTP Associate
A leading edge development opportunity has become available to develop a system which aids organisations to identify unwanted utility usage, thereby enabling cost and environmental savings. The position is an initial 24 month fixed term contract.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential that you understand how KTP works with business and the University and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position.
SKILL DEVELOPMENT THROUGH TRAINING:
There is a £2k pa dedicated training budget tailored towards your own personal development plus management skills training.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS:
- BSc or a Masters in either Maths or Computer Science
- Evidence of competency in computational Maths
- A good understanding of matrix computation, vector calculus and statistics
- Experience with computing skills e.g. Python, Java
ESSENTIAL SKILLS WE REQUIRE AS A MINIMUM:
- Knowledge and practical skills of software engineering
- Experience of data analytics with machine learning or neural networks
- An appetite for commercial awareness with strong self-motivation
- Capable of critical thinking in order to develop sound mathematics-driven solutions
Junior Web Developer – Position Filled
We are looking to recruit LAMP environment developer to join a small experienced web application development team. You will learn how to convert non-technical requirements into responsive, user friendly products, under the guidance of our existing team. You will have exposure to all aspects of the development process, front-end and back-end services well as big data systems, project management and design.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Education: Degree in science, engineering or equivalent (2:2 or higher is essential).
• Angular framework experience.
• Practical experience of creating intuitive user interfaces and data visualization.
You must be a team player and should display good attention to detail, have strong problem-solving skills.
To apply please send your CV along with covering letter to email@example.com